Newsletter 1 Term 2 -Thursday 30 April 2020

Kia Ora Koutou

Firstly I would like to say well done in keeping safe in your bubbles over the last month or so and contributing to flattening  the curve against covid-19.  Also I would also like to thank you for your support with your child’s on line learning during this time.  It has been a huge learning curve for us all.

At present at alert level 3 we have no one attending school.  I myself will be onsite some days during this time for a few hours otherwise I will be working from home as are the teachers. If you wish to contact me you can do so by email or during our zoom meetings.

As for what happens next I, like yourselves, will be waiting for the annoucement from the Prime Minister on May 11 to see whether we will remain at level 3 or move down to level 2. Some of you have already informed me that your children will not be attendiing during level 2 as well, which I can understand as you are the ones to decide on your child’s health and safety.  Also your own work situations will come into factor ass well.  We will be guided by both the Ministry of Health and Education regarding the next steps and I, of course, will keep you updated.

So once again many thanks for your suupport and continue to keep safe in your bubbles.

Jenny Williams

Here are some creations form Azahlia (on left) and Lily from the Leaf Hunt sent in by Kiwi Can

The following children have received certificates for their awesome work

Izzy/Nick/Xavier – for great rain making experiments.

Chloe – for being a great listener during our Zoom Meetings

Axel – for his yummy doughnuts and the delivery to Mr Williams

Azahlia – for having an awesome attitude and putting lots of energy into your tasks.
Xavier – for your creative approach to your tasks.
Nick – for your enthusiasm in completing all your activities.
Lauaki – for your awesome 3D tree creation.
Blake – (1) Welcome to Totara North School! (2) for your awesome 3D tree creation.

.

DATES TO REMEMBER
Mon 11 MayPrime Minister’s announcement
Tues 12 MayBOT Meeting 4pm (to be confirmed)
Mon 01 JuneQUEEN’S BIRTHDAY – SCHOOL CLOSED

Totara North School, 32 School Road, Totara North, RD2 Kaeo 0479

Phone: 09 405 1852

Office: office@totaranorth.school.nz   Principal: principal@totaranorth.school.nz
Website: www.totaranorth.school.nz

By |2020-04-30T16:14:41+00:0030th April 2020|Newsletter|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment

thirteen + 15 =